Sunday, July 27, 2014

Summertime is math time!

So I have been intentionally MIA, which in the blogging world is taboo, but I mainly write this blog as a diary for myself and friends and family. Plus, the people closest to me know that school is not really interesting right now.  Spring term and Summer term I took math.  Spring term I took algebra and now I am taking college algebra, which is basically pre-calculus.  I can hear your groans already.  I like taking classes in the Summer because I avoid the sun at all costs, and I don't enjoy outdoor activities.  I feel like I am a waste of an Oregonian. Although I realize every time someone asks me what I like to do for fun, that I don't do anything, and I don't drink, that maybe I should start embracing the outdoors. I know the don't drink comment is weird but I live in a state that revolves around drinking. Right now Portland is having their Brewfest.
 Beer is big here and so is wine.  We have many lovely wineries and breweries, so lovely that my dad wrote two books about booze, which is funny because he was an alcoholic (recovering).
So, I feel kind of left out in the social scene.  Another big trend in Portland is soccer, something else, I am not super-passionate about.

 Oh-well.  So I really enjoy school because I love to learn.  But recently I went to my doctor for a checkup because I have been getting too many upper-respiratory infections this year and I found out that I have asthma and I am extremely low in vitamin D.  So low, that I have to take a mega dose for 8 weeks. Vitamin D is crucial to your immune system among other things.  This morning was the first morning in months that I felt like I wanted to do something fun - outside!  Unfortunately this was prompted by the disappearance of a woman in Newberg.  Her name is Jennifer Huston, she's been missing since Thursday, when she went to a gas station in Newberg. Please check out her Facebook, and look out for her car.  So sad, she has young children and she's my age. My heart goes out to her family.


 
 I wanted to go find her.  When I read these articles I feel so compelled to help.  But then I started thinking about all of the fresh produce stands out in the country near Newberg and a Sunday drive sounded fabulous!  The problem is, I have a math test Tuesday that I really need to study for.  So, I am at the PSU library... such is my life.  I don't want sympathy though, because I have made this decision and if I had taken my math placement exam sooner I could have had the Summer off.  Well, I need to study now, when I have time I will post some helpful study tips and good math websites.






No comments:

Post a Comment