Monday, September 28, 2015

Overview of dental school pre-requisites

I decided I should provide an overview of the pre-dental program at Portland State University (PSU). OHSU school of dentistry is located in Portland Oregon and the dental school shares campus space with Portland State.

Breakdown:

Six lab sciences are required by OHSU, PSU allows two lab sciences a term.  five of the lab sciences are a full year. It will take almost three years to attend all the lab science classes needed.  I have most of the other classes required or recommended as pre-requisites for the pre-requisites.  I would be attending as a post-bacc student.


Here are some screenshots from my un-official transcripts, I figure I better put it all out there if anyone wants to donate money to me.


As you can see, I have a lot of credits.  My GPA is not perfect  but the dental prerequisites will help increase my GPA, and the acceptance also depends on DAT score , letters of recommendation, experience and interview.  OHSU is a really good school and competitive so I will also apply to other schools, some have less stringent requirements.

I have volunteer experience with Medical Teams Northwest, mobile dental van.  I have been volunteering with them on and off for ten years.  I have also been a dental assistant for ten years.  Experience is important to dental schools because they want to know that you are aware of what the career entails.


I will answer any questions regarding my education.  Several people have told me that it is difficult to message me on this blog so you can email me at paige@candycaper.com  Thanks again!


No comments:

Post a Comment