Monday, September 29, 2014

Back to school.....again....

        Day one of full-time dental prerequisite schedule.  I am taking general biology, chemistry and Trigonometry.  I feel like I should have read ahead in math this Summer to prepare myself for ANGLES!!  Whaaa????  My math teacher reads out of the text-book, so that's riveting.  He also wears a retainer and makes a slight hiss when he talks.  Distracting.
        I want to commit to my classes but I am in financial aid limbo and not sure if this school year will really happen.  Oh yeah.  Did I mention that?  I knew it was coming.  I have 272 credits and the max for undergrad is 270. That's what happens when you change your major in Senior status.  I really don't know what I will do if I do not get financial aid.  I had these grandiose visions of working and going to school but I am getting older and more tired.  I am naturally a sedentary person (there are legitimate health reasons other than lazy) so it is hard for me to do both.  I know that sounds lame but it's true. One thing I have learned as I have gotten older is that I can't change everything.  I'm all for pursuing your dreams and stuff but I need to be realistic about my stamina. I could try to get a job on campus, but the only one I qualify for is full-time.  Not going to work.  So, hopefully I'll get financial aid and I won't have to worry about working and school.  I've done that too many times and I'm a little tired and over it.  So there.  Even my Dr. said I'll need to get more energy if I want to commit to so much school.  She knows me well.
   Anyway, if I sound a little non-plussed it is because I am recovering from my first full day of school this term and I still have a ton of homework to do.  I am tired. I am looking forward to my science classes.  Chemistry especially.  PSU is so accommodating to their students.  They have a website where they set up lecture notes, assignments, etc.  My biology teacher even included different study techniques. Wowee!  I feel spoiled.  I know that will go away soon.  Wish me luck!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment