Monday, February 17, 2014

Studying and procrastinating


 

Is this book upside down?


       I realize as I sit here that I do not have good time management skills with studying.  I have a fairly complicated presentation due in my Writing class on Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. and I've barely scratched the surface of my research.  Yes, I like to procrastinate.  I haven't had any negative repercussions from procrastinating because I find my classes fairly easy.  I'm not getting A+'s on everything but I am still doing well.  I am worried about my procrastination because I know that it will not go well when I start my science classes. I am all ears if anyone has any advice for a hopeless procrastinator.


     Some people say procrastinating works to their advantage - they work best under pressure.  I am not like that, I just get less picky with what I am working on and realize I will probably be ok with what I have.  I am really good at presentations, even though I have anxiety because I have a "I am so much better than you," mantra in my head.  I don't really believe that, but it helps.  It's amazing how well you can psych yourself out.  I do believe I am superior to most of my peers when it comes to public speaking because I studied acting, and I have taken every opportunity to speak in front of a group that I have had.  Anyway, I should stop procrastinating and go back to my research.  Have a fabulous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment